# Welcome to the IPFS Weekly
Here’s what’s happening lately in the InterPlanetary File System (opens new window) galaxy and beyond! 🚀
# IPFS in Opera for Android
IPFS support in the Opera web browser has been in development for some time. Today, Opera for Android 57 is live in the Google Play Store with default support for IPFS! Read all about it on the IPFS blog (opens new window).
# Using IPFS to fight COVID-19
Here are some ways people in the dweb space are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic with their skills.
- Protocol Labs is committing $200,000 to an accelerated grants program supporting open innovation efforts contributing to improved technical solutions around testing, treatment, mitigation, and prevention of COVID-19 and future epidemics. Apply for their COVID-19 Open Innovation Grants here (opens new window).
- SafeTrace: Privacy-Preserving Contact Tracing for COVID-19 (opens new window)
- Take a look at 16 Ways Coronavirus May Change the Way We Look at the World (opens new window)
- This COVID 19 Contact Tracing Network using Mobile Apps is powered by BLE, IPFS, Ethereum, ZKP Protocols. Learn more about Cyanaura-Apps (opens new window).
- Why might Berty allow the new forms of micro-local cooperation facing COVID-19? (opens new window)
- Good read: 3 Coping Strategies for Programmers in Quarantine (opens new window)
# 🎉 Ethereum now hosts their site on IPFS 🎉
Late breaking news: The Ethereum.org website (opens new window) is now hosted on IPFS and accessible via ENS at ethereum.eth. This was made possible by the hard work of one Chris Waring’s inventive use of VuePress plugins (opens new window). Check it out!
# Top highlights this week
- Pinata explains “What is an IPFS Pinning Service?” (opens new window)
- Unstoppable Domains launches Opera support (opens new window)
- NEW TUTORIAL: Backup Your iOS Devices to a Private IPFS Node (opens new window)
- Learn about All the Ways You Can Surf the Decentralized Web Today (opens new window)
- Another NEW TUTORIAL: IPFS and Docker (opens new window)
- Check out A People’s Guide to IPFS (opens new window), a fantastic guide from Terminal
# People are building the coolest stuff with IPFS
- Meet FLEEK (opens new window), the new & improved way to deploy web projects formerly known as Terminal!
- Textile shares their Filecoin tools progress update (opens new window)
- Filplorer (opens new window) - Powered by IPFS 💪
- Berty is opening its code! (opens new window)
- Galacteek (browser) v0.4.20 (opens new window) was recently released
- Learn about the Ravenland IPFS Network (opens new window)
# Catch up on yesterday’s IPFS Weekly Call
# Check out our recent mentions
- Opera Supports Blockchain Domain Names Natively (opens new window), 30 Mar 2020
- InterPlanetary File System (IPFS): Re-architecting the Internet (opens new window), 30 Mar 2020
- A comprehensive guide to accessing the new web (Web3, IPFS, ENS) (opens new window), 25 Mar 2020
- VIDEO: Learning how to use Implement File System (IPFS) and how to store files (images, PDFs, etc) on the blockchain and retrieving files on our Library æpp (opens new window), 24 Mar 2020
- Working remotely: 8 essential software tools and their Web3 cousins (opens new window), 23 Mar 2020
- Mindsync: Our vision and mission (opens new window), 21 Mar 2020
# Job hunting? Work on IPFS!
- Community Engineer, libp2p (opens new window): Help introduce new open source projects to libp2p and clear hurdles for them to adopt the libp2p stack for the networking layer of their system. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Engineering Manager, IPFS (opens new window): Engineering managers have the challenging and exciting task of supporting and empowering engineering teams to deliver complex internet-scale systems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source. Protocol Labs, Remote
- IPFS Community Lead (opens new window): Provide tactical support for the IPFS community, creating a global community strategy, and executing this strategy on the ground! Protocol Labs, Remote
- Project Operator, IPFS (opens new window): Tackle some of IPFS’s highest priority initiatives using flexible problem solving abilities. Also responsible for identifying the project’s most important problems, structuring them, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to come to a solution. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Specifications Engineer, libp2p (opens new window): Help write clear specifications for libp2p, and thus aid in new languages being able to implement the libp2p specs correctly. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Senior Software Engineer, IPFS or libp2p (opens new window): Experienced in distributed systems design and implementation? Join our full-time open-source team where we value experience independently designing and implementing significant components of complex systems, and the execution focus and discipline to carry projects to completion. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Software Engineer, the Underlay Project (opens new window): Strong full-stack web developer with an interest in semantic web and decentralized web technologies. The Knowledge Futures Group, Remote
- Technical Product Manager, 3Box (opens new window): Own the delivery of new technical products and features across the 3Box suite of developer APIs, SDKs, and plugins, and manage the onboarding, engagement and partnership activities to ensure a thriving community and network. 3Box, NYC, Berlin, or Remote
Take care of yourselves and each other. ❤️
Get involved with IPFS by checking us out on GitHub (opens new window), joining discussions on our community forum (opens new window), or hitting us up in chat (opens new window). Have a suggestion? Email us.
Get the IPFS Weekly in your inbox (opens new window), each Tuesday.