# Welcome to the IPFS Weekly
Here’s what’s happening lately in the InterPlanetary File System (opens new window) galaxy and beyond! 🚀
# The IPFS Mobile Design Research project
The IPFS Mobile Design Research project started earlier this year, and recently Jim Kosem presented the goals, methodology and findings of his in-progress research into IPFS and p2p on mobile. Check out the blog post (opens new window) and the Local Offline Collaboration recording (opens new window) for more information.
# Announcing the IPFS Pinning Summit
On May 7-8, 2020, we are hosting the first-ever IPFS Pinning Summit (opens new window), and we would love for you to attend! This virtual event is geared toward groups that provide pinning or other web/dweb infrastructure services. We plan to discuss the current state of distributed web infrastructure—including some of the challenges and operational lessons—and several exciting future opportunities (grants, integrations, potential new markets, etc). Register to attend here (opens new window).
# Introducing the IPFS Grants Platform
Earlier this week, the IPFS Grants Platform was officially launched (opens new window). After a very successful pilot run in Q1, we are very excited to offer a platform for grants that help support and accelerate the ecosystem of developers building on IPFS, and contribute to our mission to create a resilient, upgradeable, open network to preserve and grow humanity’s knowledge.
# Create NFTs with IPFS and Digital Art
What do Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) have to do with IPFS? Pinata explains how these unique tokens (opens new window) create digital scarcity for digital artwork. Learn how artists (and creators more broadly) can use IPFS when minting NFTs.
# Top highlights this week
- Getting help for IPFS has never been easier: ipfs.io/help/ (opens new window)
- Upload to IPFS Directly from the ENS Manager with New Tool from Temporal Cloud (opens new window)
- Check out this creative use of IPFS to publish a restored audio version of Michel Foucault’s lessons (opens new window)! The most cited philosopher in the world whose audio lessons were previously closed, now live on IPFS.
- 1,000+ .crypto and 500+ .zil websites are now live on IPFS courtesy of Unstoppable Domains (opens new window)
- What’s in a CID? Multi, Multi, Multi…](https://codeclimbing.com/whats-in-a-cid-multi-multi-multi/)
# People are building the coolest stuff with IPFS
- Qri got a new homepage design (opens new window)!
- An in-depth guide to reading and writing requests to the Ethereum blockchain (opens new window), using Infura.
- PODCAST: Michael Sena, of 3Box, appears on Fork the Product (opens new window) podcast
- The test version of the Tezos IPFS blog platform (opens new window) is now available for testing and feedback.
- Learn how Numbers is using IPFS to give readers confirmation that news sources are trustworthy and traceable (opens new window).
- Berty, libp2p and Bluetooth Low Energy (opens new window)
- Brave recently hosted a Guest AMA with Matthew Liu & Nick Poulden of Origin (opens new window)
- The first go-ds-crdt user apart from IPFS Cluster is officially RTrade (opens new window)!
# Quote of the week
I just gave @FleekHQ a try— Mayas Haddad (@mayas__h) April 13, 2020
It truly makes deploying a website to the IPFS a breeze 💯❤️
# Calls for contributors
Unstoppable Domains launched a 💰bounty💰to build a Decentralized Search Engine on IPFS (opens new window)! Submit by May 7.
Resilient Networks Lab has two open RFPs for building next gen DHTs and P2P PubSub. Interested? Apply and work on solving some of the Open Problems to scaling DWeb to billions of users (opens new window)!
The Ceramic Protocol is looking for collaborators to work on a Ceramic Explorer UI (opens new window).
# Coming up next for IPFS
- Work is currently being done on a Git Remote Helper to Push/Fetch from IPFS (opens new window)
- Good news for the new 0.5.0 release candidate (opens new window)
- New labeling standards are coming (opens new window) to the IPFS org in GitHub!
# Job hunting? Work on IPFS!
- Software Engineer, the Underlay Project (opens new window): Strong full-stack web developer with an interest in semantic web and decentralized web technologies. The Knowledge Futures Group, Remote
- Technical Product Manager, 3Box (opens new window): Own the delivery of new technical products and features across the 3Box suite of developer APIs, SDKs, and plugins, and manage the onboarding, engagement and partnership activities to ensure a thriving community and network. 3Box, NYC, Berlin, or Remote
- Project Operator, IPFS (opens new window): Tackle some of IPFS’s highest priority initiatives using flexible problem solving abilities. Also responsible for identifying the project’s most important problems, structuring them, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to come to a solution. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Specifications Engineer, libp2p (opens new window): Help write clear specifications for libp2p, and thus aid in new languages being able to implement the libp2p specs correctly. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Senior Software Engineer, IPFS or libp2p (opens new window): Experienced in distributed systems design and implementation? Join our full-time open-source team where we value experience independently designing and implementing significant components of complex systems, and the execution focus and discipline to carry projects to completion. Protocol Labs, Remote
Take care of yourselves and each other. ❤️
Get involved with IPFS by checking us out on GitHub (opens new window), joining discussions on our community forum (opens new window), or hitting us up in chat (opens new window). Have a suggestion? Email us.
Get the IPFS Weekly in your inbox (opens new window), each Tuesday.